To help county residents prepare for and find the jobs they want, the Lake County Library provides access to multiple online resources that offer job training, skills building, test preparation and testing. professional development.
These services are provided by the California State Library Californiareer Pathways and come from some of the best online learning companies. They are accessible either at the public library or at home. Access to these platforms normally comes with a subscription and other fees. Thanks to funding from the State Library, all are available free through the Lake County Library.
Digital resources are available on the Lake County Library website at http://Library.LakeCountyCA.gov in the context of services to job seekers. These resources include:
- Coursera is an online learning platform. Coursera offers more than 2,800 courses, focusing on the skills most in demand with 15 professional certificate programs.
- GetSetUp is a social learning platform for people aged 50 and over and offers live online classes, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of the business. interest of the elderly.
- LinkedIN Learning offers over 5,000 on-demand courses taught by instructors with real-world experience. The courses cover many business, creative and technology topics in short lessons.
- Northstar Digital Literacy helps people learn computer basics through free online learning and assessment.
- EBSCO’s LearningExpress helps people prepare for ASVAB, SAT, AP, and career licensing tests through practice tests, tutorials, eBooks, articles, and flashcards.
- Skillshare offers thousands of online courses on topics such as illustration, design, photography, freelance work, and more.
Residents can learn more about the California State Library CAreer Pathways program on their website at https://library.ca.gov/services/to-public/career-pathways/
These projects were made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, the primary source of federal support for libraries and museums across the country.